Do you know a child or young person who:
- Is unsure what their strengths are?
- Needs help to uncover their skills and abilities?
- Unsure what to do when they finish school?
- Needs impartial advice and guidance about option choices at school, career choices, apprenticeships or university?
Often young people do not get the opportunity whilst they are at school to really consider what they want to do as a career when they leave. This can lead them into make quick decisions based on; what their parents want them to do, their teachers’ suggestions or by following their friends.
In my 20 years of working with young people I have seen many drop out of 6th form and college midway through courses leaving them confused and worried about what to do next. Often this leads to a ‘head in the sand’ approach as confidence drops, choices seem limited and life can become harder than it needs to be.
What can also happen is young people stay on in education, do okay and plod along, but are not fulfilled and therefore do not thrive or enjoy their work. This is often due to a lack of understanding around their values and what their passions in life are.
I get it. There is so much pressure. So much choice. So much uncertainty. This is something that many adults feel…just imagine how young people feel as they embark on choices that seem impossible to make?
Would a career coach help?
Yes! By working with me young people will start to:
- Uncover their values and passions and link these to career choices and goals.
- Learn to manage choices and weigh up decisions for their future.
- Uncover skills and confidence to define and create success for themselves by developing a bullet proof action plan.
- Work on negative self-beliefs and patterns of behaviours that may have held them back, so that they can start to grow and thrive in a competitive world.
- Gain support with writing a CV, completing applications and feel confident for interviews.
- Gain control. Access my Stressbuster programme for preparation for exams and interviews.
- Learn how crucial networking is for career progression.
With a background in working with Essex schools, training providers, further education establishments, youth groups and having been employed by Essex County Council; I have a vast amount of experience to offer young people. I am an experienced Registered Careers Development Professional, Level 6 qualified Careers Adviser and a Neuro Linguistic Programming Master Practitioner (recognised by the Institute of Psychological Qualification and Assessment, approved by the ANLP) with a BSc (Hons) in Psychology.
Interested in finding out more?