Hi, I am Kate Nokes. I am a Youth Coach, Qualified Careers Adviser and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner. I have 20 years of experience of working with young people and I am passionate about improving their lives.
I am the go-to person who empowers young people to realise who they are and what they really want in life.
The result? Young people will not only move forward but thrive. Do you know someone who wants this out of life?
Welcome – You have come to the right place!
Life can be really tough, we are not all born with the ‘positivity gene’. Some (like me) have to put the work in.
Throw in major life drama’s and the road can be rocky…turning into a lifetime of unhelpful thoughts, self-destruction and general unhappiness. Sound familiar?
All of this pressure and more can be a struggle for young people (and their parents, believe me I know I am one!) and can find itself being expressed in many ways.
Do you know a child who stays in their room or refuses to speak more than a grunt? Or perhaps is so overwhelmed by their choices, they choose to do…. nothing.
Or you may know someone who is highly able, yet limits themselves and their achievements by just doing the minimum? If only they would reach for the stars!
I believe young people need impartial, professional, yet empathetic support that aims to empower.
Please note: I am NOT here to be a friend or therapist, but to coach young people to grow and be the best that they can be for their OWN future.
I work with young people on a one to one basis or in groups. I can meet with them at a place that they feel comfortable and I also offer Skype/telephone appointments to suit.
Coaching is the perfect way to work through issues or worries that young people may have. They will develop practical skills to manage stresses and anxieties about their future. If they are serious about wanting to make changes, coaching is a powerful way of developing resilience and confidence as well as setting and achieving goals.
What I am
Funny (well I think I am!)
An ideas girl
What I am not
Someone who will do it for you
Perfect, sorted or faultless. No one is.
Why trust me to work with you, your child or young person?
- I walk the walk. I believe in the concept of value congruence and I will support you or your child to truly understand their values so that they meet their behaviours; meaning that their outcomes will be in tune with their life goals and ambitions.
- I am a certified NLP Master Practitioner (recognised by the Institute of Psychological Qualification and Assessment and approved by the ANLP).
- I am a Registered Careers Development Professional (Careers Development Institute) with a Level 6 Careers Guidance Qualification.
- I have a BSc (Hons) in Psychology and am a member of the British Psychological Society.
- I am a Mental Health First Aider.
- I practice mindfulness. Every single day. It’s part of who I am, and I embrace this life and the benefits I receive.
- I come from a place of deep personal experience and believe that building self-esteem, focusing on goals and taking responsibility are key to building a future that matters to YOU.